Surgical Piles Treatment
Surgical treatment may be necessary for severe cases of piles that do not respond to non-surgical treatments. Here is a guide to surgical piles treatment and what to expect:
- Pre-Operative Preparation: Before the surgery, you will need to undergo some pre-operative preparation which may include fasting, bowel preparation, and stopping certain medications. Your doctor will provide you with specific instructions.
- Anesthesia: Surgical piles treatment is usually performed under general anesthesia, which means you will be unconscious during the procedure. Alternatively, local or regional anesthesia may be used.
- Types of Surgery: There are several types of surgical procedures for piles, including:
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This is the most common surgical procedure for piles. The hemorrhoid tissue is removed using a scalpel or laser.
- Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy: This procedure involves using a circular stapling device to remove and reposition the hemorrhoid tissue.
- Doppler-guided Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation: This procedure involves using a special ultrasound device to locate the arteries that supply blood to the hemorrhoid. The arteries are then tied off, causing the hemorrhoid to shrink.
- Post-Operative Care: After the surgery, you will need to stay in the hospital for a few days. You will be given pain medication and antibiotics to prevent infection. Your doctor will also provide you with instructions on how to care for the wound, including keeping the area clean and dry, avoiding strenuous activity, and taking sitz baths.
- Recovery Time: Recovery time can vary depending on the type of surgery performed, but typically ranges from a few days to a few weeks. During this time, you may experience some pain, swelling, and bleeding, but these symptoms should gradually improve.
It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to ensure a smooth recovery. If you experience severe pain, bleeding, or other complications, it is important to contact your doctor right away. Consult with the best piles specialist in Indore for more information.